If you have been chasing Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC), then you should know that 2020 season is going to kickstart on March 7-8 2020 at Sepang International Circuit (SIC). With the ASB1000 class introduced last year, this class remains one of Asia’s premier superbike championship. The ASB1000 pre-season tests starts on March 2 – 4, 2020.
The SIC lap record was previously set by Thitipong Warokorn from Kawasaki Thailand Racing Team at 2’05.505s. However, Markus Reiterberger from ONEXOX BMW TKKR SAG TEAM managed to broke the record by setting his scorching time of 2’05.388s. Markus will be the first German rider to race in the Asian series.
Following on, Australian rider Broc Parkes from with YAMAHA Racing Team ASEAN, ended the pre-season tests as the second quickest in the ASB1000 class. His best laptime was 2’05.672s.
2019 ARRC ASB1000 champion Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman was third fastest with 2’06.009s on his 2020 BMW S 1000 RR. He was followed by Apiwat Wongthananon (YAMAHA Thailand Racing Team) fourth with 2’06.231s. Federico Sandi’s replacement in the Access Plus Racing-Okada-Team, Lorenzo Zanetti, rounded up the top five in the pre-season tests with 2’06.734s.
Day 1 + Day 2 Overall Practice Results
- Markus Reiterberger (GER) (BMW) 2’05.388s
- Broc Parkes (AUS) (Yamaha) 2’05.672s
- Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman (MAS) (BMW) 2’06.009s
- Apiwat Wongthananon (THA) (Yamaha) 2’06.231s
- Lorenzo Zanetti (ITA) (Ducati) 2’06.734s
- Test Bike 1 2:06.752s
- Anupab Sarmoon (THA) (Yamaha) 2:06.814s
- Yuki Ito (JPN) (Yamaha) 2:06.873s
- Thitipong Warokorn (THA) (Kawasaki) 2:06.885s
- Dimas Ekky Pratama (INA) (Yamaha) 2:07.802s
- Timothy Joseph C.Alberto (PHI) (Ducati) 2:08.384s
- Ryosuke Iwato (JPN) (Kawasaki) 2:08.423s
- Yamaha Test Bike 2:10.139s
- Ahmad Daniel Haiqal (MAS) (Yamaha) 2:10.624s