Although the current Movement Control Order (MCO) has required many business to temporary close, the Malaysian government has agreed to let certain service provider to continue their operation. With that, Hyundai Malaysia has just obtained the Ministry of International Trade and Industry’s approval to resume service centre operations in stages starting 20 April 2020. To date, all Sime Darby Auto Hyundai (SDAH) service centres have resumed operations.
But Hyundai owners do need to take note that during MCO period, Hyundai Malaysia will operate with minimal service personnel and only allow a handful customer to enter the service centres. So make sure to make an appointment with the service centres as no walk-in will be entertained.
Operational hours for the service centres will be limited to 9am to 4pm on weekdays and 9am to 12noon on Saturdays for most SDAH service centres except for outlets in Georgetown and Prai, which will operate from 8am to 5pm and 9am to 2pm respectively.
Contact Number for SDAH Service Centres:
- Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya (03-7628 2500)
- Old Klang Road, Kuala Lumpur (03-7984 5388)
- Skudai, Johor (07-2340 714)
- Ipoh, Perak (05-2533 399)
- Prai, Penang (04-3997 788)
- Georgetown, Penang (04-2811 210)
In addition to that, HDSM launched the Hyundai C A R E Warranty Extension Programme. This is to allow extension of original warranties that expired in 18 March and 28 April 2020 to benefit warranty extensions until 31 May 2020. Hyundai Malaysia stated that if the MCO period is further extend, a 30 days warranties extension will be given from the last day of MCO.
This initiative is in tandem with Hyundai Motor Company’s launch of its warranty extension policy for Hyundai vehicles worldwide.
*The Hyundai C A R E covers the following:
- Vehicles which have not fulfilled the service maintenance based on the Periodic Maintenance Service Schedule due to the MCO
- Warranty for vehicles expiring during the MCO period (18 March until 28 April 2020) will be extended until 31 May 2020.
- Warranty for vehicles expiring during the MCO period (28 April 2020 onwards) will be extended for 30 days from the last day of MCO.
- Vehicles with service overdue due to MCO – the vehicle will need to be sent in for service within 30 days from the last day of MCO to ensure the validity of the warranty
- All approved warranty that are pending part replacement during MCO
*All of the above are subject to warranty terms and conditions.
So, Hyundai owners, make sure to make an appointment today to get you Hyundai running at it’s optimum performance. For more information, Hyundai owners can log on to www.hyundai.com.my or contact the Customer Care Line at 1300-13-2000.