SUUNTO will be launching its newest flagship watch, the SUUNTO 9 Peak, in Malaysia on 17th June. The company claimed it is the thinnest, most powerful and uncompromisingly durable watch in brand history.
Getting inspiration from SUUNTO 9 Baro, the SUUNTO 9 Peak is designed for adventures and peak experiences, in a sleek form factor that fits seamlessly on the wrist for ultimate comfort. The watch boasts up to 170 hours of GPS recording capacity in Tour mode, blood oxygen measurement, a full battery charge in one hour and built to match users’ high expectations for a sports wearable companion, training tool and adventure partner.
The SUUNTO 9 Peak comes with features the SUUNTO 9 family is known for: 80-plus sport modes like running, hiking, mountain biking, skiing and swimming, customizable screens to show the most relevant data for your exercise, an intelligent battery management system, accurate wrist-based heart rate monitoring, in-depth weather insights and expansive on-watch navigation capabilities.
SUUNTO 9 Peak key upgrades include:
- Minimalistic Nordic design, which is 37% thinner and 36% lighter than the award-winning SUUNTO 9 Baro
- Blood oxygen level measurements to help determine acclimation levels at higher altitudes
- Automatic backlight intensity adjustment depending on lighting conditions
- Faster charging: 100% battery in 1 hour
- Improved watch strap with new metal fastening pin
- Added watch face that showcases weekly training metrics and inspires new routines
The SUUNTO App integrates with the SUUNTO 9 Peak, enabling users to effectively plan routes with sport-specific heatmaps and popular starting points, which can be built and transferred to the watch for offline navigation. The mobile app allows user to discover new locations, create points of interest and a look back on previous adventures with personal heatmaps. Also, the sync speed between the SUUNTO 9 Peak and the SUUNTO app is now doubled with Bluetooth 5, the latest iteration in Bluetooth technology.
For the Malaysia market, SUUNTO 9 Peak is available in two style with four colour options:
- Granite Blue Titanium and Birch White Titanium, made with sapphire glass and grade 5 titanium (RM3199)
- All Black and Moss Gray, made with sapphire glass and stainless steel (RM2799)