The Selangor Government has rolled out an enhanced version of its contact tracing mobile app, Selangkah. The app will introduce new features – health and commercial – to help the public navigate their way through the Covid-19 pandemic.
The app was first launched in May 2020 as an immediate response to facilitate the monitoring of human traffic during the movement controls resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic. The next-generation version of the app was launched today by the Selangor Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari, at a virtual media event.
Apart from contact tracing, the current version of SELANGKAH already features a comprehensive set of health-related features, including:
- Crowd Trend – graph displaying the daily frequency of a premise’s customer visits;
- Affected Premises Map – map displaying locations that were recently hit by Covid-19 cases;
- Check Your Exposure Risk – a function that cross-checks users’ previous visitor logs against recently affected premises to see if they’ve been exposed
- Visitor Log (Sentri) – dashboard for local law enforcement to check if any premises had flouted the SOP.
With the enhanced version of SELANGKAH, the app will now enable its users to take more proactive measures to safeguard their health and safety during this period of risk.
The new features currently available are:
- Dual-System Scanning – the built-in scanner now scans both the Selangkah and MySejahtera QR codes through the SELANGKAH App, giving users the full advantage of both platforms’ contact tracing measures;
- GPS Check-In – an alternative way to QR code scanning where users can check in using their mobile phone’s GPS instead;
- QR Code Scan History Log – users can view the history of their past check-in scans; and
- Bulletin Board – displaying the government’s latest updates on Covid-19.
In addition, the SELANGKAH App is also the new home for the Selangor Community Screening where users can sign up for upcoming events and check their Covid-19 test results.
Coming very soon to this line-up of SELANGKAH’s features will be the “R.S.V.P – Register and Sign up for your Vaccine Pack”. This new feature is particularly well-timed as users can now use their SELANGKAH ID account, to register for their Covid-19 vaccination which will be supplied by the Selangor State Government. This module will be integrated with the manufacturer’s inventory system in order to ensure authenticity and provide a digital certificate for domestic and international travel.
SELANGKAH COMMERCIAL VERTICAL
SELANGKAH have integrated a new and unique set of commercial features to assist those who are affected by the pandemic-hit economy. These new features are SELANGKAH ID and SELANGKAH BIZ, both rolling out today. Soon, the additional commercial features will also roll out, particularly, SELANGKAH WALLET and SELANGKAH PAY. These modules have the ability to assist users in adopting digital modernisation as they move towards the new norm.
SELANGKAH ID, the first Digital ID in the country is an integrated (Single-Sign-On) system that allows users to access all of SELANGKAH’s features. It has the capability to allow any transactions that require digital and biometric authentication. In the pipeline, SELANGKAH ID will offer access to government-related services as well. This Digital ID was also created in a bid to expedite the shift towards a digital Selangor.
Meanwhile, SELANGKAH BIZ is a cashless solution designed for micro, small, and medium enterprise merchants, that enables them to accept payments from any e-wallet providers. For example, a hawker with only a bank account but no e-wallet service can now get paid with money coming from a customer’s e-wallet. This platform also allows the hawker to manage their day-to-day sale transactions as well as generate electronic invoices.
The SELANGKAH App is now available for free download on selangkah.my for all mobile platforms. Also available on the Google Play Store and soon the Apple App Store.