Royal Enfield has officially launched its flagship store at Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia as part of the company’s enhancing its reach in the Asia Pacific region. The exclusive store will now be the flagship store for Royal Enfield in the country.
The exclusive store will be carrying the complete range of motorcycles, apparel and accessories, all available under one roof for Malaysian customers and motorcycle enthusiasts.
Speaking about the launch of this brand new Flagship store, Mr. Anuj Dua, Head of Business for Asia Pacific, Royal Enfield, said, ”Royal Enfield is committed to become the global leader in the mid-size segment and Asia Pacific is of great strategic importance. We have been consistently building greater accessibility for our passionate community and avid riders. We have been present in Malaysia for close to ten years and have seen a consistent surge of riders who are subscribing to leisure motorcycling. With an intent to get closer to our customers and further expand our outreach, we have opened the new Flagship store here at Petaling. This exclusive brand store and our evocative product range, available at accessible price points that will appeal to motorcycling enthusiasts. We are confident that the new flagship store will become a ‘Pure Motorcycling’ destination for riders of all calibers.”
Royal Enfield operates in Malaysia through DIDI Automotive Sdn. Bhd., who are the exclusive distributor of Royal Enfield motorcycles. They have been one of the pioneers in the automotive industry and have been newly appointed by Royal Enfield as distributor in Malaysia.
“Our vision is to create a differentiated ownership experience for existing and new customers where owning a motorcycle goes beyond just the product. We will continue to invest in after sales improvement and value-added services to increase the ownership experience like riding activities and gathering that is niche and unique to each Royal Enfield owners. We will also affirming the communities, and ensuring that engagement with the brands is continuous in the light of a competitive two wheel environment in Malaysia.”, said Chairman of Didi Group, Mr Rewi Hamid Bugo.
Royal Enfield also announced the launch of its widely popular and globally acclaimed motorcycles – The all-new Classic 350 and Meteor 350. Other models such as Himalayan, Interceptor 650 and Continental GT is available as well. All Royal Enfield motorcycles will be available in Malaysia for bookings today onwards. You can read more on the Royal Enfield models at below.
- The All-New Royal Enfield Classic 350 is a timeless classic motorcycle reimagined to meet modern aspirations. The sublime beauty and confidence of the Classic, now enhanced with a smoother and more refined ride experience. Powered by the modern, globally appreciated 349cc air-oil cooled single cylinder engine, the all-new Classic 350 brings in a new level of comfort, smoothness and refinement in ride experience. With the 349cc, fuel-injected, air/oil cooled engine, the Classic generates a power of 20.2 bhp at 61500rpm and a torque of 27Nm at 4000rpm, resulting in a strong low-end grunt and super smooth linear power delivery across the band, making the ride enjoyable and effortless. With the primary balancer shaft that cuts down the vibrations, the reborn Classic feels smooth and well-mannered on road. The gear shifting is crisp and smooth, thanks to the optimized 5-speed gearbox that ensures strong in-city acceleration, as well as a relaxed ride at cruising speed. Much to the joy of Royal Enfield enthusiasts, the new Classic 350 retains the unmistakable thump of the exhaust note.
- The Royal Enfield Classic 350 is available in 3 new, exciting variants with 7 colourways, beginning with the Halcyon series, the Dark series, and the Classic Chrome.
- The prices start from RM 23,500
- The All-new Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is a Class-leading, thoroughbred cruiser, Supreme on open highways and sublime for city rides. Designed and developed by the talented teams of designers and engineers based at Royal Enfield’s two state-of-the-art technical centres, in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, and Bruntingthorpe, UK, the Meteor 350 is an undeniably attractive motorcycle. The quality of refinement – mechanical, fittings and finish – has been raised to a new level to give a truly top-class, modern motorcycle, while retaining the all important Royal Enfield DNA. With a 349cc air-oil cooled single-cylinder engine, the Meteor generates 20.2 bhp and 27 Nm of torque at 4000 rpm, resulting in an abundance of the low-down grunt that’s a fundamental characteristic of a cruiser. Designed with a balancer shaft, the new platform gives a smooth and well-mannered ride experience, while great care has been taken to retain that essential Royal Enfield ‘thump’. The throttle response of the electronic fuel injection has been optimised for dependable starting and effortless, linear acceleration. For versatility, the new engine has a 5-speed gearbox, with fifth gear being an overdrive for stress-free and economical highway cruising, and a 7-plate clutch for easy gear changes in built-up traffic. All editions are fitted with alloy wheels and tubeless tyres as standard, giving riders convenience and peace of mind, especially on long journeys. For added comfort and an authentic cruiser appearance, a 100/90 – 19 tyre is used on the front and a 140/70 – 17 at the rear. Braking is the most resolute on a Royal Enfield single to date, with 300mm front and 270mm rear discs and dual channel ABS.
- The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 sets a new benchmark in cruisers. It has been built from the ground up for those needing a unique motorcycle for city riding, but also long for a thoroughbred mount that allows them to head out on the highway and escape the pressures of daily life. The Meteor 350 will be available in three variants – Fireball, Stellar and Supernova starting at RM 24,300
- A simple, capable, and ‘go-anywhere’ motorcycle, the Himalayan was inspired by Royal Enfield’s experience of over 50 years of riding across the Himalayas. Owing to its versatility, simplicity and competence, the Himalayan has received incredible response from riders across the world. The Himalayan today is recognized as a truly capable adventure tourer by global motorcycle experts, has been featured on the covers of top global automobile magazines, and is among the leading Royal Enfield motorcycles being sold across several geographies, including Europe, America, Latin America and South East Asia.
- The Prices for the Himalayan start from RM 29,500
- Launched in September 2018, the Royal Enfield 650 Twins have been received extremely well by motorcycle enthusiasts in India and across the globe. The Interceptor 650 – the quintessential roadster, won several awards including the prestigious Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2018 and has continued to dominate the upper end (500cc and above) of the mid-sized motorcycling segment in the country. Even in the international markets, the Interceptor INT 650 Twin has been extremely successful and has won several prestigious awards including 2020 BikeSales “Best Retro” Award (BOTY) in Australia, ‘Best LAMS Retro’ Motorcycle of the year by Bikesales in Australia 2019 and ‘Best Roadster’ Motorcycle of the year – C! Magazine, Philippines, recognising excellence across 11 separate motorcycle categories. It has also taken out the top spot for the overall “Best Retro” motorcycle. In the UK, the Interceptor has been awarded MCN’s Best Retro Motorcycle of the Year 2019 and also for the 2020, becoming the only Indian brand to do so, not just once but twice in a row. The Interceptor 650 Twin has also been the highest selling naked style motorcycle for the entirety of the 2020 calendar year (as per MCIA data from January 2020 – to December 2020) dominating the mid-sized segment for over a year, propelling Royal Enfield to become one of the fastest growing motorcycle brands in the UK.
- The Interceptor 650 starts at RM 29,500 and Continental GT starts at RM 33,100