After showing an incredible pace during the pre-season test, Markus Reiterberger is on a mission again for this week ARRC ASB1000 at Sepang International Circuit (SIC). On Friday Practice 1 session, the ONEXOX BMW TKKR SAG Team rider set a blazing pace when he lapped 2’04.950s, a new lap record for the class at the 5.5km circuit.
Fastest among the Yamahas goes to Apiwat Wongthananon as he sets a 2’05.764s which is just 0.814 seconds off the German’s pace. Broc Parkes posted third fastest of the day with 2’05.928s followed by Lorenzo Zanetti on the Ducati with 2’05.942s.
Thitipong Warokorn with his Kawasaki just managed to get fifth fastest in the day with 2’06.320s. He was unable to put his quick lap when he crashed out early in Practice 3.
Defending champion Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman managed to clocked in seventh fastest at 2’06.760s. The Malaysian rider is still finding his pace on his brand new 2020 BMW S 1000 RR.
ASB1000: Practice Results
2020 Lap Record: 2’04.950s – Markus Reiterberger (GER) (BMW)
- Markus Reiterberger (GER) (BMW) 2’04.950s
- Apiwat Wongthananon (THA) (Yamaha) 2’05.764s
- Broc Parkes (AUS) (Yamaha) 2’05.928s
- Lorenzo Zanetti (ITA) (Ducati) 2’05.942s
- Thitipong Warokorn (THA) (Kawasaki) 2’06.320s
- Yuki Ito (JPN) (Yamaha) 2:06.568s
- Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman (MAS) (BMW) 2:06.760s
- Anupab Sarmoon (THA) (Yamaha) 2:06.769s
- Ryosuke Iwato (JPN) (Kawasaki) 2:07.256s
- Timothy Joseph C.Alberto (PHI) (Ducati) 2:07.860s
- Farid Badrul (MAS) (Yamaha) 2:10.649
- Ahmad Daniel Haiqal (MAS) (Yamaha) 2:10.782