You can now switch to the latest Samsung Galaxy device from your iPhone without worrying about your WhatsApp content now. WhatsApp has launched a feature that preserves the end-to-end encryption when you move your entire WhatsApp chat history, account information, voice notes, media, photos, settings and even your profile photo onto your new Samsung device. So your WhatsApp messages stays and belongs to you as you enjoy the advantages your Samsung smartphone brings.
Just follow the simple steps below and start migrating your WhatsApp from iPhone to your Galaxy device:
- Turn on your new Samsung Galaxy smartphone and connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch experience.
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed on the new device using the iPhone’s camera.
- Tap Start on your iPhone, and wait for the process to complete.
- Continue setting up your new Samsung.
- When you reach the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Tap Import when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
- Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
What do I need?
- Your new Android device must be factory new or reset to factory settings.
- Samsung SmartSwitch app version 18.104.22.168 or greater on your new device.
- WhatsApp Android Version 22.214.171.124 or greater on your new device.
- WhatsApp iOS version 126.96.36.199 or greater on your old device.
- USB-C to Lightning cable (or equivalent adapters).
- Use the same phone number on the new device as the old device.
That’s all you need to do to start your new Galaxy device now without any worries. So, are you going to switch to a Galaxy device today?