Grab Malaysia announced its support to help senior citizens travel to and from authorised vaccination centres nationwide. Senior citizen aged 60 and above and are Grab users will receive Grab rides promos of up to RM8 off 4 rides to book their rides easily on the Grab app to any of the vaccination centres starting from 12rh June.
The programme came after lack of transportation was quoted as one of the top reasons why senior citizens are missing their vaccination appointments and is the latest in a series of Grab’s initiatives to support the government’s National COVID-19 Immunisation Program. This is also designed to cover both doses of their vaccinations.
Grab will be working closely with the Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI) and COVID-19 Immunisation Special Task Force (CITF) to ensure that all points of interest at vaccination centres are available on the Grab app.
Easy access for Senior citizens
Grab’s vaccination programme for senior citizens is developed to provide easy access to rides through the Grab app. For those who have received their COVID-19 vaccination appointment, they can book a Grab ride in few easy steps:
- Register for a Grab account and verify your age on GrabPay by 7 June 2021 (users will need to complete their KYC registration);
- On the appointment day, book a Grab ride (open to all ride types) by entering the vaccination centres location;
- Copy and paste the promo code from your inbox into the “offer” tab;
- Promo will also be applicable for all payment methods;
- Upon completing their vaccination, users can then book a Grab ride from the vaccination centre to their homes.
Do note that senior citizens will need to register for a Grab account and verify their age on GrabPay by 7 June 2021 in order to receive the promo codes (which will be sent to their Grab inbox on 12 June). We encourage you to help spread the word to family and friends to ensure senior citizens have completed their KYC registration to receive this one time promo.