Garmin Malaysia has launched the Venu Sq 2 and Venu Sq 2 – Music Edition for the Malaysia market, which is provides an affordable GPS smartwatches that features a new AMOLED touchscreen display, 25+ built-in sports apps, and a battery life of up to 12 days. The Music Edition now includes an on-device music storage for phone-free listening while users can stay connected all-day with smart notifications, fitness tracking and health monitoring.
Furthermore, Garmin’s popular health metrics are functional 24/7 in a single charge to provide users a complete picture of their Body Battery, sleep score, stress and activity levels.
The Venu Sq 2 series sports a 1.4-inch rectangular and lightweight aluminum design with a comfortable silicone band. When the watch is paired with an Apple or Android smartphone, you can receive text messages, view social media updates, emails, and more. Furthermore, its Safety and tracking features can be utilised by sending the user’s current location to predetermined emergency contacts or by automatically sending a message if an incident is detected.
Packed with more than 25 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, users can select different timers for the activities and customise their workouts down to the number of rounds, work/rest intervals, and other aspects. Once paired with the Garmin Connect app, users can take this further by creating their own workouts with more than 1,600 exercises or simply download a pre-made workout.
For runners, a personal running coach with free Garmin Coach training plans are accessible through the app whether it is to train for their next 5K, 10K or half-marathon.
The Venu Sq 2 series will continue to track steps, intensity minutes and calories burned throughout.
All-day health monitoring, better health insights
- Wrist-based heart rate: Track your heart rate and receive abnormal heart rate alerts (high/low) when the body is at rest.
- Body Battery energy monitoring: View current energy levels to find the best time for activity and rest.
- Sleep monitoring and sleep score: A thorough assessment of sleep from multiple sensors. Receive a personalised score for the previous night’s sleep and view the various sleep stages, as well as heart rate, stress, Pulse Ox and respiration data, every morning.
- Stress tracking: Gain insights into how your day has been, and receive a relax reminder when stress is detected. By tracking respiration, average heart rate, stress levels, the built-in breathwork activity can be used to encourage mindful breathing.
- Women’s health tracking: Use the Garmin Connect smartphone app to track a menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Keep track of your symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education and more. Women’s Health Tracking app allows you to view and record information right from the wrist.
- Health Snapshot: Log a 2-minute session to record key metrics like heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress. A report with those stats can be accessed on the watch or in the Garmin Connect app.
The Venu Sq 2 – Music Edition allows users to store up to 500 songs directly on the watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer (subscription required). Selected apps, watch faces, and other items can be downloaded by users directly to the watch from the Connect IQ Store, or through the smartphone app.
Garmin Malaysia confirms that Garmin Venu Sq 2 is available in Shadow Grey/Slate, White/Cream Gold and Cool Mint/Metallic Mint with a suggested retail price of RM 1,230. Respectively, the Garmin Venu Sq 2 – Music Edition comes in Black/Slate, Ivory/Peach Gold and French Gray/Cream Gold with a suggested retail price of RM 1,480.