Garmin Malaysia has launched their latest fitness smartwatch, the Forerunner 55, an easy-to-use GPS smartwatch designed for fitness enthusiasts of all and diversified skill levels to track their stats and achieve personal fitness goals. A simple press of a button introduces users to a variety of features such as daily suggested workouts, additional built-in sports applications, detailed running data and much more.
The Garmin Forerunner 55 is unveiled jointly with the annual Global Running Day where the sport is celebrated through encouraging beginners to make a life-changing commitment to running and transforming their fitness for the better. New users can expect a preface to tracking their time, distance, speed, pace and heart rate data right off the smartwatch.
“To appeal to a large range of athletes and running enthusiasts, the Forerunner 55 is built as a simplified running watch with easy to navigate features, ”said Mr. Scoppen Lin, Director, Garmin Asia. “It presents both informative and digestible data in a way that can help new runners as well as seasoned athletes analyse, plan and reach their respective goals.”
- 1.04’’ display with 208 x 208 pixels
- Sunlight-visible with transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Two weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and 20 hours in GPS mode
- Lightweight with 37g
- Built-in GPS
- Wrist-based heart rate
- All-day activity tracking counts steps, calories, sleep and more
- Receive text messages and view social media updates, emails and more
- Daily suggested workouts offering personalized run workouts tailored to the runner’s training history, fitness level and recovery time
- Garmin Coach training plans offer on-screen guidance from expert coaches and free 5K, 10K or half marathon training plans
- Safety features allow runners to send messages with their locations to family and friends
- PacePro provides guidance to help runners tailor their efforts to a selected course or distance.
- The finish time estimator lets athletes select a run distance and view their estimated finish time right from the wrist
- Cadence alerts let runners know when they’ve gone outside their target cadence range, helping to improve their running form
- Several built-in activity profiles, including track or virtual running, pool swimming, Pilates, HIIT and more
- Built-in recovery time informs users on how long to rest before their next big effort
- Wide array of health and wellness features from Garmin Firstbeat Analytics
- Track stress and set relaxation reminders to do short breathing exercises
- Body Battery energy monitor track energy levels to find the best times for activity and rest
- Garmin Connect app help women to track their menstrual cycle or pregnancy and log symptoms, receive exercise and nutrition education and more
- Download custom watch faces, data fields and apps from the Connect IQ Store
The Forerunner 55 is now available in black, grey, white or aqua and with a suggested retail price of RM 960.00 on Lazada, Shopee, AECO e-store and all Garmin authorised retailers. For more information on the entire Forerunner lineup, visit garmin.com.com.my/minisite/forerunner.
For additional information on the Garmin Forerunner 55, please visit: https://www.garmin.com.my/minisite/forerunner/forerunner-55/