Garmin has launched the Instinct Esports Edition in Malaysia, a rugged GPS smartwatch with an edge; distinctively designed Esport tracking feature for gaming athletes and enthusiasts. The smartwatch comes equipped with Garmin’s proven health and fitness technologies, and utilises a dedicated esports function to monitor and analyse heart rate and stress during play.
The smartwatch is built for durability in mind thanks to certified military standards (MIL-STD 810) build, while maintaining a lightweight design that doesn’t interrupt gamers while gaming. With Bluetooth connectivity, gamers can hookup the watch with their smartphone to notifications such as email, texts, and alerts. Garmin is claiming the watch is capable to last for up to 80 hours of battery life in esports mode and up to 14 days in smartwatch mode for less charging time and more time gaming.
Believe it or not, the Instinct Esports Edition allow users to livestream biometric data to their audiences via the STR3AMUP! PC streaming tool. The streaming tool will broadcast heart rate, stress level and Body Battery live and embed this data into their video streams or recordings using customizable overlays.
“Elite athletes around the world rely on Garmin products to monitor and improve their performance. With the Instinct Esports Edition, esports athletes can tap into that same technology to track and examine how their body responds to intense competition,” said Mr. Scoppen Lin, Director, Garmin Asia. “Players can also use Instinct’s data to make adjustments in their daily lives, whether it be altering sleep patterns or activity levels, which can result in increased cognitive and physical performance during play.”
The watch also packs with a lot features which includes:
• Wrist-Based Heart Rate – Get heart rate data along with alerts if a user’s heart rate stays too high or too low while at rest, and gauge how hard their heart is working during specific gaming moments.
• Advanced Sleep Monitoring – Users get a full picture of how they are sleeping with a breakdown of light, deep and REM sleep stages. This allow users to interpret and make lifestyle modifications for more focused play.
• Stress Tracking – Using Garmin’s heart rate variability, the Instinct Esports Edition can calculate an individual’s stress level score, giving them the opportunity to optimize stress management to conserve mental and physical resources.
• Body Battery Energy Monitor – Uses heart rate, stress and sleep data to determine how much energy a user has – letting them know when to play and when to rest.
• 30+ sports apps and robust activity tracking – Users can train with preloaded activity profiles outside the gaming world. For athletes who want to monitor performance even further, an optional Heart Rate Monitor chest strap is available for purchase separately.
Garmin has confirmed the Instinct Esports Edition will be priced at RM1,399.00 and it’s available now at AECO e-store, authorised retailers, Lazada and Shopee.