Sime Darby Auto ConneXion (SDAC) has recently launched the next-generation Ford Everest, which aims to offer a rugged adventure-ready SUV with exceptional comfort and customer-focused technology.
The seven-seater luxury SUV are offered in three grades – Sport (available in two-wheel drive), Trend (available in four-wheel drive) and the high-spec 4WD Titanium. The Trend and Titanium is powered by the 2.0L Bi-Turbo powertrain mated with 10-speed SelectShift automatic transmission, which delivers 210 PS @ 3,500 rpm and peak torque of 500Nm @ 1,750-2,000 rpm. Both variants are also equipped with the part-time 4×4 electronic shift-on-the-fly (ESOF) system with e-Locking Rear Differential and six selectable drive modes: Normal, Eco, Tow/Haul, Slippery, Mud/Ruts and Sand. For the Sport, it uses a 2.0L Single Turbo diesel with a six-speed automatic transmission which delivers a power output of 170 PS @ 3,500 rpm and max torque of 405Nm @ 1,750-2,000 rpm. It also offers four selectable drive modes: Normal, Eco, Tow/Haul and Slippery).
“The Ford Everest has been celebrated over the world as the perfect companion for those who love adventure, recreation and going out with family and friends. With amazing capability at its core, a quiet and refined sanctuary on the inside, class-leading technologies and safety standards, we believe the next-generation Everest will widen its appeal in the market,” said DJ Simpson, Managing Director, Ford Asia Pacific Distributor Markets.
“Everest customers lead busy lives, juggling work, family time, a social life and recreation. Their aspirations and adventurous spirits drive them to push the limits always. And they appreciate the utility, capability and spaciousness of an SUV. Next-gen Everest is the ideal companion to help them master every milestone, while striking a perfect balance in life,” said Turse Zuhair, Managing Director, Sime Darby Auto ConneXion-Ford.
For connectivity, a high-resolution portrait 12-inch touchscreen in the Titanium (10.1-inch for the Trend and Sport), loaded with Ford’s latest SYNC 4A infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity and eight speakers.
Safety features are not compromised as the latest Everest offers seven airbags (driver and front passenger, dual seat side, dual side curtains that cover all three rows and driver’s knee) and an underbody protection bash for all variants. Active safety features across the next-gen Everest range include Isofix mount points, ABS, EBD, electronic stability control (ESC) with traction control, emergency brake assist (EBA), hill descent control, hill launch assist, roll-over mitigation and adaptive load control.
In terms of driver assistance features, the next-gen Everest Sport and Trend come equipped with emergency stop signal, turn assist, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors and a reverse camera. The high-grade next-gen Everest Titanium adds on a range of advanced driver assistance systems including blind spot information system (BLIS), lane departure warning & assist (LDW), high beam assist and a tyre pressure monitoring system.
Other new and enhanced technologies include:
- New: Adaptive cruise control with stop and go and lane centering is able to detect lane markings and help keep the vehicle centred in the lane.
- New: Active Park Assist 2.0 allows next-gen Everest to help drivers into parallel or perpendicular spots with the press of a button. With the aid of ultrasonic sensors, the system takes care of the steering, gearshifts, acceleration and braking to navigate into tight parking spots. It will also help steer the vehicle out of a parallel parking spot.
- New: Evasive steer assist helps drivers avoid potential forward collisions by helping drivers steer with less effort when a collision cannot be avoided by braking alone.
- New: Reverse brake assist helps drivers to reverse into parking spots and other tight spaces by providing audible and visual warnings. It can detect a vehicle crossing or a cyclist or pedestrian behind the vehicle too. The system can even bring the Everest to a complete stop if the driver doesn’t react in time.
- New: Rear cross-traffic alert warns of traffic approaching from the sides when the vehicle is in reverse, which helps when backing out of a driveway or parking spot.
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection, forward collision warning, dynamic brake support and pre-collision assist. Besides preventing or reducing the severity of a collision with a vehicle, pedestrian or cyclist directly in front of the vehicle, the pre-collision assist has been enhanced to provide emergency braking support at an intersection.
Ford Malaysia has confirmed the official prices for the next-generation Ford Everest range as below. All prices are on-the-road, without insurance, for Peninsular Malaysia only).
- Everest Sport – from RM263,888
- Everest Trend – from RM281,888
- Everest Titanium – from RM308,888
Available colours include Absolute Black, Aluminium Metallic, Arctic White, Equinox Bronze, Lightning Blue, Meteor Grey and Sedona Orange.
The next-generation Ford Everest comes with three-year manufacturer’s warranty, or up to 100,000 km, whichever comes first. Inclusive of a two-year extended warranty or 60,000km, whichever comes first.
Those interested to find out more about this next-level seven-seater luxury SUV can connect with a Ford Everest Specialist at via WhatsApp Chat.
Ford Everest Milestones – a richer, more immersive ownership experience
Inspired by Everest customers who constantly rise above the limits of the ordinary to explore new horizons, Ford Everest Milestones aims to offer a series of engaging experiences for a more rewarding ownership journey.
This soon-to-be-launched programme is an industry first and created exclusively for the Malaysian market. It will be hosted on the SDAC-Ford e-commerce website and Everest customers can choose from a range of ‘Milestone’ adventures to enjoy with friends and family.
The programme is part of Ford Inner Circle, an SDAC-led initiative that is also solely for Malaysian customers. Next-gen Everest customers will automatically be included in this circle and will receive exclusive rewards and benefits including in-depth familiarisation and training sessions to help them master their next-generation Everest.
To learn more about the next-generation Everest, SDAC and Ford, follow the Ford Malaysia Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube channel or visit www.sdacford.com.my.