BMW has just revealed the BMW iX xDrive40, BMW iX xDrive40 Sport, BMW iX xDrive50 Sport, BMW iX3 and BMW i4 eDrive40 is coming to Malaysia. The reveal on the new BMW i models is set align with the company’s Sustainable Mobility Strategy in the country moving forward.
Hans de Visser, Managing Director of BMW Group Malaysia said, “This is a milestone for the BMW Group, even more so for us at BMW Group Malaysia. We have been in the driver’s seat in accelerating innovation, awareness on new and sustainable technology for the automotive industry, shaping the infrastructure for premium electrified vehicles in Malaysia since 2015. Our success in Malaysia today is cemented by our position as the leader in electrified mobility here, which is underlined by an impressive delivery of over 2,200 units of electrified vehicles last year alone.”
De Visser added that the incoming fleet of electric vehicles from BMW i will present all the best possibilities of Sheer Electric Driving Pleasure to loyal BMW customers and EV enthusiasts alike in Malaysia, with no compromise. More importantly, it will also drive the All-New Sustainability Strategy for the BMW Group in Malaysia.
BMW iX key highlight features
- Feature the very first BMW IconicSounds Electric – in collaboration with world-famous composer and Academy Awards winner, Hans Zimmer
- Impressive WLTP range of up to 630 kilometres
- LED headlights on the BMW iX xDrive40, while BMW Laserlights is equip on the BMW iX xDrive40 Sport and theBMW iX xDrive50 Sport
- Driving Assistant and Parking Assistant features are standard for BMW iX xDrive40
- Sport variants arrive with the Driving Assistant Professional and Parking Assistant Plus
- Sport variants are also exclusively equipped with Harman Kardon surround sound systems and the Interior Applications Clear & Bold offering – which consists of a control panel on the centre console made of sustainably produced, certified wood
- Exclusive to BMW iX xDrive50 Sport are the Integral Active Steering and the adaptive 2-axle air suspension
BMW iX3 key highlight features
- Provides driving dynamics and premium quality as the best-selling premium midsized SAV
- Increased performance and efficiency of the fifth generation BMW eDrive technology
BMW i4 key highlight features
- Sports four-door gran coupé built with specific focus on electric driving dynamics from the outset
- Electrical power output of up to 340HP, a 0-100km/h in 5.7 seconds
- Impressive WLTP electric driving range of up to 590 kilometres on a single charge
At the moment, BMW Malaysia has confirmed the BMW iX xDrive40 and BMW iX xDrive40 Sport is available for pre-booking now on the BMW Shop Online platform via https://shop.bmw.com.my/ at a fee of RM 5,000. Registration of interest for the BMW iX xDrive50, the BMW iX3 and the BMW i4 eDrive40 are also open on the official BMW website via the respective hyperlinks.
Owners of electric vehicles from the BMW i line-up will enjoy battery warranty of up to 8 years or 160,000km, whichever comes first. BMW Malaysia is giving the first 50 customers to pre-book the BMW iX xDrive40 and BMW iX xDrive40 Sport an exclusive pre-booking advantage, a Complimentary Charging Installation and a Complimentary 1-year Public Charging Access. This offer will be available until 22nd September 2021, terms and conditions apply.
BMW Group Malaysia will be rapidly expanding the BMW i dealer network to key cities across the country as well. DC Fast Chargers will also be installed at all BMW i dealers for public use to further accelerate the availability of charging infrastructures in Malaysia, along with Rapid-charging DC Chargers to be made available for quick on-the-go charging at selected dealerships nationwide.
“We look forward to reigniting local interest and uptake for electromobility, in foresight of the much-discussed upcoming Low Carbon Mobility Blueprint. We have partnered with GreenTech Malaysia from the very beginning to grow the local charging infrastructure network as part of our key strategies to shift Malaysia towards a low carbon mobility future. Moving forward, we aim to give Malaysians the confidence to choose electric for their next – or even first, drive. In fact, there are more plans set to activate in the upcoming months that will encourage a positive reception of this future-focused way of mobility, of which we hope will also be strengthened by the upcoming revision of government policies towards electromobility,” de Visser added.
BMW Group Financial Services Malaysia is offering Balloon Financing Plan to customers purchasing the BMW iX xDrive40 and BMW iX xDrive40 Sport with a monthly instalment plan starting from RM 4,888.00 and RM 5,478.00 respectively (based on estimates of an 80% loan on a five-year tenure).
The retail pricing (on the road, without insurance) for the First-Ever BMW iX xDrive40 and the First-Ever BMW iX xDrive40 Sport are:
|BMW iX xDrive40*||RM 419,630.00||RM 435,800.00***|
|BMW iX xDrive40* with Power Package**||RM 424,230.00||RM 440,400.00***|
|BMW iX xDrive40 Sport||RM 472,630.00||RM 488,800.00***|
|BMW iX xDrive40 Sport with Power Package**||RM 477,230.00||RM 493,400.00***|
** The Power Package consists of BMW i Wallbox and BMW i Public Charging Cable.
*** Owners of the First-Ever BMW iX will also be entitled to the BMW 5-Year Extended Warranty and 6-Year Service package at a special rate of RM 16,170.00.
What do you think of the latest offering by BMW Malaysia? Let us know in the comments!