In case if you’ve missed it, Aprilia Malaysia has recently launched their latest middleweight sportsbike, the Aprilia RS 660, at KLCC. The RS 660 is the first of a brand-new range of motorcycles in response from new generations for fun, easy and satisfying bikes. A unique bike stylistically from the ground up, maintaining the Aprilia values of state-of-the-art technology and style that you see even in its colour.
The bike has unique front look thanks to the triple LED headlight assembly. It is equipped with perimeter Daytime Running Lights positioned around the two main headlights, making the RS 660 immediately distinguishable in any lighting conditions. The bike has cornering lights function, a pair of additional headlights in the parabolas illuminate the inside of the curve, increasing visibility when taking bends.
More on the styling of the bike is the double fairing with integrated aerodynamic features. One of the functions of the double-walled fairing is, indeed, to optimize stability at high speeds, while increasing rider comfort by protection from air pressure and the dispersion of hot air flows emanating from the engine and radiator.
The bike uses an adjustable Kayaba front fork with 41 mm upside-down stems and a pair of 320 mm diameter steel discs at the front and a pair of radial mount calipers and a radial master cylinder on the handlebars by Brembo. Of the factory, the RS 660 uses Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II tyres in sizes 120/70 ZR 17 at the front and 180/55 ZR 17 to the rear.
The heart of the new RS 660 is 660 ccc parallel-twin cylinder unit, which derived from the RSV4’s 1100 cc front-banked V4, whose line it follows in both concept and measurements and sports a Euro 5 homologation. The two cylinder engine produces 100 hp at 10,500 rpm however Aprilia claimed that an extension capacity will allows the limiter to be moved up to its 11,500 rpm threshold. The torque maxed out at 67 Nm at 8,500 rpm, with 80% of the torque available from 4,000 rpm, which becomes 90% when 6,250 rpm are reached.
The bike has Ride-by-Wire throttle control and APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) electronic command package to help any riders to ride to their limit. The RS 660 APRC, developed to support performance and make riding on the road safe and exhilarating, includes:
– ATC: Aprilia Traction Control, adjustable traction control characterized by fine and high-performance intervention logics
– AWC: Aprilia Wheelie Control, adjustable wheelie control system.
– ACC: Aprilia Cruise Control, maintains the set speed without using the throttle control.
– AQS: Aprilia Quick Shift, the electronic gearbox, for high-speed changes without easing off the throttle or without using the clutch, also equipped with a downshift function which allows downshifting without touching the clutch. Thanks to the software offered among the original accessories it is possible to reverse the gearbox for track use without the need to replace components.
– AEB: Aprilia Engine Brake, the adjustable engine brake control system for the deceleration phase.
– AEM: Aprilia Engine Map, various forms of mappings available to change the character and the way engine power is delivered.
Not only that, the RS 660 has multi-map Cornering ABS and five Riding Modes that allows any riders, beginner or seasoned, to ride leisurely or attacking the corner apex at track.
For the Malaysia market, the Aprilia RS 660 will only come in 2 colours, Lava Red and Apex Black. The new colour, Acid Gold, will be available upon customer request only. Aprilia Malaysia is currently selling the RS 660 at an introductory price of RM 59,900 and prices might go up afterwards. For the Akrapovic exhaust system, kindly check with Aprilia Malaysia for the price quotation.
*Shot with Samsung Galaxy A52