AMD has released a new version of the AMD Radeon Software driver – Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 21.2.1 – to help gamers to achieve peak performance with their Radeon graphic card.
The latest update offers up to nine percent faster performance at 4K with the Radeon RX 6800 XT in The Medium, as they step into the multiple worlds of the latest dark mystery from Bloober Team, along with quality of life fixes for MSI Afterburner and more. Check out the full list of updates, supports and fixes for Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 21.2.1:
- Up to 9% increase in performance in The Medium @ 4K High settings, with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 on the 16GB Radeon RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.1.1.
- Display flicker or corruption may be experienced when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate.
- Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
- Radeon recording and streaming features may fail to enable on AMD Radeon HD 7800 series graphics products.
- Some models may fail to render or may render incorrectly when using SketchUp on Radeon RDNA graphics products.
- Some Samsung CRG9 series displays may experience a black screen when waking from sleep.
- Metro Exodus may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX Raytracing enabled.
- Video playback on secondary displays may experience stutter while playing Doom Eternal on the primary display.
- Hitman 3 may experience an application crash in the Apex Predator mission on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable in Forza Horizon 4.
- AMD is currently investigating end user reports that Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization, even when a system is at idle. Users who are experiencing this issue are encouraged to file a bug report in Radeon Software.
- Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
Radeon gamers can download the latest Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.2.1 driver here.