So are you looking to start your budget filmmaking with a drone in Malaysia? DJI has released the DJI Mini 2 in Malaysia on November 10 can be purchased in two options. The standard package includes DJI Mini 2, remote controller and one battery for the retail price of RM1,899. The Fly More Combo includes three batteries, charging hub, DJI Mini 2, a carrying case and remote controller for the retail price of RM2,499. Let’s further find out what is the new on the latest Mini 2.
Compact, light and more powerful
The Mini 2 still retains small, portable design while weighing less than 249 grams. It is also much easier to travel with the drone thanks to the folding design. Vital flight performance upgrade has been added to the Mini 2 with OcuSync 2.0. OcuSync 2.0 ensures stable, long distance, and reliable connection between the remote controller and the drone. With that said, Mini 2 now has a maximum transmission range of 10 km. Another significant upgrade to Mini 2 is the upgraded motors which now provides an excellent 31 minutes of flight time, faster acceleration and speed, along with the ability to withstand winds up to 24mph.
Great moments with 4K now!
The drone also gets a new upgrade on the camera which now uses a 1/2.3-inch sensor capable of recording 12-megapixel images and a maximum video resolution of 4K/30fps @100 Mbps. Aerial shots now can be saved in standard JPEG as well as RAW for pro users who want to edit footage further. The class-leading 3-axis gimbal provides a shake-free, smooth footage by compensating drone movement, wind, and more. Recording in 1080p resolution allows users to use the 4X Zoom (2X lossless in quality) option. Pre-programmed intelligent modes can be activated with just a tap and the drone does the hard work of capturing beautiful footage with set movements and imaging features. The pre-set modes including:
- QuickShots: Pre-programmed movements and image capture modes.
- Dronie: DJI Mini 2 flies backward and upward, with the camera tracking your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 ft.
- Helix: DJI Mini 2 flies upward and away, spiralling around your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 ft.
- Rocket: DJI Mini 2 flies straight up into the air with the camera pointing downward following your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 ft.
- Circle: DJI Mini 2 will circle around your subject at a constant altitude and distance.
- Boomerang: DJI Mini 2 flies a boomerang-like oval flight path around your subject, starting and stopping video in the same place.
- Panoramas: Capture a wider perspective with select pano modes.
- Sphere: DJI Mini 2 automatically captures twenty-six images and stitches them together for a crystal-clear image.
- 180°: Captures seven photos for sweeping landscape images.
- Wide-Angle: Captures a wide 3×3 image consisting of nine images.
- Image modes: Different photo modes for different scenarios.
- AEB Triple Shot: Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) takes three images of varying exposure and merges them for a vivid image. This can be edited further to bring out a High Dynamic Range (HDR) image in post-processing.
- Timed Shots: Give yourself a few extra seconds before taking that photo with timed shots.
Fly with ease of mind
A live feed from the drone’s camera is sent to your mobile phone so that you can see exactly where Mini 2 is and what it sees. Simplified buttons and functions keep things streamlined and easy to understand compared to more advanced drones. GPS keeps track of where the drone is while the vision sensors on the bottom map out the ground below it and assist automated landing. Some safety features include GEO fencing, which keeps drones out of sensitive areas like airports, Return to Home, a feature that can be activated so the drone returns to the pilot, and Altitude Lock, an adjustable limit on how high the drone can go. All these modes and features make DJI Mini 2 not only a thrill to fly but safe for all skill levels.
Create and share footage on the go with DJI Fly app
The DJI Fly app and DJI Mini 2 have a ton of enhancements that make sharing immediately on social media easy and intuitive. By connecting your smartphone directly to the drone without the remote controller, you can download images at a high-speed rate of 20 MB/s once landed safely. Then, you can edit the saved images and videos by using the dedicated editing tools in the DJI Fly app or use the new Enhanced Photo option. Trimmed Download also helps reduced video footage size before the users save their final footage to their smartphone.
Add-Ons to enhance your DJI Mini 2 experience
New and updated accessories for DJI Mini 2 help get the most out of its size. These accessories include:
- 360° Propeller Guards: Make the DJI Mini 2 even safer with propeller guards that completely cover the full propellers.
- DJI Mini Bag +: Colourful and fashionable, the new carrying bag adds flair to your outfit.
- Charging Display Case: Show off your DJI Mini 2 in an illuminated clear, bell jar.
- DIY Creative Kit: Personalize your Mini 2 with custom stickers or blank stickers to create your own artwork.
- Snap Adapter: An adapter that snaps on to the top of the Mini 2 that allows for the attachment of a small LED screen that messages can be written on.
Did the new upgrades and features on the new DJI Mini 2 makes you interested to purchased on today? The DJI Mini is now available to purchase at DJI Malaysia Flagship store, authorised dealers, and DJI Malaysia’s official store on e-commerce platforms, such as Shopee and Lazada.