Alienware has launched their latest gaming laptop series, the Alienware X-Series, which consists of Alienware x15 and Alienware x17. Alienware also mentioned its their thinnest 15” and 17” gaming laptops to date as well thanks to the brand’s collaboration with Intel.
The gaming laptops also boasts patent-pending cooling technologies, the latest performance components, framerate-splitting displays and Legend 2.0 design features to allow gamers play the latest and greatest game titles with confidence. So let’s find out more what Alienware has brought to the gaming community with its mind-blowing engineering for the X series.
Better cooling, better gaming performance!
As you may know, gaming on mobile form factors will always faced the heating issues and requires best cooling solution to maintain its optimum performance. This time, Alienware has bring their A-game with five patent-pending cooling solutions which also exclusive to Alienware products.
Alienware is introducing Element 31, an exclusive thermal interface material (TIM) concocted from Encapsulated Gallium-Silicone liquid metal compound for the latest evolution of the Alienware Cryo-Tech cooling technology. This material exists between the CPU and their thermal elements to disperse heat and mitigate spikes in core temperatures from affecting the system’s performance. Alienware has claimed the X-Series delivers up to a 25% improvement in thermal resistance advantage with Element 31.
There is also HyperEfficient Voltage Regulation for extended performance during long hours of gameplay, Alienware Quad Fan design blows air efficiently through the system, chassis and internal hotspots and patent-pending Smart Fan control technology utilises AI to enable improved application performance as each fan independently spins-up, slows-down or remains steady according to various sensors strategically placed around core system components.
State-of-the-art design for gaming
The X-Series design feature an artfully crafted and evolved, Alienware Legend 2.0 design identity. While this new identity, featuring Dark Core, first-appeared on the recently announced Alienware m15 R5/R6 gaming laptops, X-Series enhances this second-gen iteration to unlock high-performance in ultra-thin forms. The X series is Alienware’s thinnest notebooks to date with just 15.9mm for the x15 and 20.9mm for the x17.
On the back, there is a continuous loop of bold stadium lighting, illuminating the rear hexagon venting pattern. The new X-Series has vents that are purposefully placed on the top and base of the notebooks around the quad fan design to help amplify airflow rate and boost thermal performance.
Get immersed with high performance gaming specs
The Alienware X-Series is packed with high performance gaming specifications that will bring an immersive experience which includes:
- The latest performance technologies for gamers featuring 11th Gen Intel Core™ H-series mobile processors and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs– up to a 3080. x15 and x17 support a maximum graphics power of 110W and 165W, respectively.
- Thermal Control Circuit offset (TCC offset) allows a “cruise control” limit to the CPU temperature, so work and play can be done with the cruise control limit working to help assure that the system CPU temperature will remain within the defined range.
- Select from five Tailored Power States according to gamer needs, including Full Speed (max power), performance mode (graphics priority), balanced mode (balanced CPU/GPU), battery saver (low temperature priority) and quiet mode (acoustics priority).
- Want to experience a true mechanical keyboard on the go? Available as an option on the x17, the CHERRY MX keyboard is a 3.5mm ultra-low-profile design that allows for a deeper press with more emphasis, incorporating German stainless-steel mechanical components for a tactile experience like no other.
- DirectX Raytracing vibrantly brings favourite PC games to life in tandem with the latest panel technologies ranging from incredible FHD 360Hz speed to 4K-UHD HDR400. All of the X-series configurations include a Windows Hello IR camera for quick facial biometric logins. Various panel options also include ComfortView Plus, hardware based, low-blue-light technology to help reduce eye strain without sacrificing display quality.
- AlienFX stadium lighting goes bolder through advanced LED technology with up to 100 micro-LEDS on the x17 (90 on the x15), designed as an independent and programmable lighting zone that gamers can personalise through the Alienware Command Center.
- A first Alienware-branded 240W power adapter provides gamers with a small and light form factor, making gaming on the go easy.
- The X-Series comes directly to your door inside sustainable packaging made from 92% recycled or renewable materials.
As the time of writing the article, Dell Malaysia has confirmed the Alienware x15 and x17 will be arriving somewhere on June 2021. Prices will be announced later. In addition to the new X-Series, the Alienware m15 R6 and Dell G15 systems will be available for purchase online at dell.com.my.