If you are planning to change your car this year, you should totally checkout the all-new 2021 Hyundai Elantra and Elantra Hybrid. Hyundai just recently make a world debut of the compact sedan at The Lot Studios in West Hollywood with a special event broadcast around the world.
The 2021 Elantra showcases Hyundai’s latest ambitions, including a Sensuous Sportiness design identity, hybrid electric vehicle technology, and segment-first wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. The car also provides exciting driving dynamics and the most progressive in-car experience in its class. Production of the 2021 Elantra starts in the fall in Ulsan, Korea and at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, and sales begin in the fourth quarter.
2021 Hyundai Elantra comes with exciting features
Hyundai engineers have truly revamped the compact sedan features to give customers a true driving experience. Some of the new features that Hyundai listed for the 2021 Elantra are:
- An all-new seventh-generation Elantra compact sedan with new vehicle platform
- Longer wheelbase, wider stance, lower roofline
- Elantra is called the Avante in the Korean domestic market
- Second Hyundai vehicle with Sensuous Sportiness design identity
- An everyday exotic four-door-coupe look with innovative molding and engineering technology
- First-ever Elantra Hybrid
- More than 50 MPG estimated combined fuel economy on hybrid model
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto make connecting easy
- Hyundai’s optional Digital Key allows Elantra to be unlocked, started and driven without a physical key via a smartphone or NFC card
- Production to begin at Ulsan, Korea and at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama in the fall with shipments to dealers in the fourth quarter
- An enhanced natural-language voice-recognition system with Speech-to-Meaning and Deep Meaning Understanding technologies and lots of feature controls
- Standard SmartSense safety and convenience technologies
- Two available 10.25-inch multimedia screens under one piece of glass
Variants and powerplant: Power efficient for hybrid and non-hybrid variant!
For the first time in the Elantra series, a hybrid powertrain has been added to the lineup. The new Elantra Hybrid will feature a 1.6-liter GDI Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder engine and a permanent-magnet electric motor positioned under the rear seats. The combustion engine with the electric motor in Elantra Hybrid delivers a total system output of 139 horsepower and up to 195 lb-ft of torque. The hybrid model is mated with Hyundai’s quick-shifting, six-speed, dual-clutch transmission. The 2021 Elantra Hybrid is projected to have a combined EPA estimated fuel economy rating of more than 50 MPG.
The Elantra will come in three variants which is the SE, SEL, and Limited. These three variants will come with the 2.0L MPI Atkinson Cycle which generates 147 horsepower @ 6,200 RPM and 132 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,500 RPM. These models are projected to achieve a best-in-class EPA combined fuel economy rating, an improvement over previous models, due in part to an Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT).
The 2021 Hyundai Elantra and Elantra Hybrid is an exceptionally interesting car to debut this year. Hopefully this car will reach to Malaysia soil so I could try it out. Do check out the gallery of the compact sedan at below!