Hyundai created a storm with it’s i30 lineup over the years along with the introduction of N line range. Continuing the momentum for 2020, Hyundai has revised the model with a new design, advanced connectivity features and offer an electrified 48-volt mild hybrid option, resulting in increased fuel efficiency.
For the N line range fans, good news as Hyundai also updating its i30 N Line range. The i30 N-inspired design features will continue to be available on the i30 hatchback, fastback models and for the first time, on the new i30 Wagon. These models are expecting to sell starting in summer 2020.
Newly redesigned for 2020 Hyundai i30 range
Hyundai made sure for the 2020 models to have the front looked much more wider-looking, more modern stance. Even for the grille, it will be wider and features an accentuated 3D pattern that emphasises the agile look of the car.
Not forgetting about the headlamps, it spots with a slimmer headlamps with optional multifaceted reflector (MFR) LED technology and new V-shaped signature LED daytime running lights (DRLs) complete the renewed, modern front end design.
Over to the rear, the new i30 5-door comes with a new bumper design, which was developed to improve aerodynamic performance. The LED rear combination lamps create a V-shape for a symmetrical effect between the front and the back.
A new, redesigned diamond-cut 16-inch or 17-inch alloy wheels completes the new Hyundai i30 range exterior.
N Line trim for all range comes with new upgrades
The new i30 N Line exterior will sport a new wider central grille, headlamps, new design of the rear bumper with wide diffuser and repositioned fog lights. The N Line will comes with option of 17-inch or 18-inch wheel design that adds to the excitement, expressing speed even when standing still. This contributes to a modern profile, which is full of motion.
The new i30 N Line Hatchback and Fastback will get tuning updates for suspension and steering. Only two type of engines is offered for the N Line which is the 1.5 T-GDi 160 PS and 1.6 Diesel 136 PS engines for a more dynamic ride.
So would you like to get your hands on the brand new 2020 Hyundai i30 range? Certainly we hope Hyundai Malaysia could bring the models over here quickly so TrendGrnd could do some test drive as well. But for now, let’s wait for the worldwide launch which is expected to be on the summer of 2020.
Engine Specifications for Hyundai i30
- Newly-developed 1.5-litre engine with Dual Port Injection and 110 PS, with a 6-speed manual transmission
- 1.0-litre T-GDI petrol engine with 120 PS will be available with a new 7-speed dual clutch transmission and 6-speed manual transmission. This engine option is available with optional 48-volt Mild Hybrid technology for better fuel efficiency with a 6-speed Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT).
- 1.6-litre Diesel engine with 115 PS with a choice of a 6-speed manual transmission or 7-speed dual clutch transmission
- 1.6-litre Diesel engine with a 48V mild hybrid system can produced 136 PS and available with either a 6-speed Intelligent Manual Transmission or a 7-speed dual clutch transmission.
- 1.5-litre T-GDI engine with 160 PS, which comes standard with 48-volt Mild Hybrid technology. It is also available as a 6-speed Intelligent Manual Transmission or a 7-speed dual clutch transmission.
SmartSense safety features
- [New] Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- [New] Rear Collision-avoidance Assist (RCA)
- [New] Leading vehicle Departure Alert (LVDA)
- [New] Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Front Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) with pedestrian detection and [New] bicycle detection
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
Available exterior colours
- [New] Dark Knight
- [New] Silky Bronze
- [New] Sunset Red
- Polar White
- Phantom Black
- Engine Red
- Stellar Blue
- Platinum Silver
- Olivine Grey
- [New] Pewter Gray
- [New] Ebony Brown
- [New] Charcoal Gray