In this new reality of remote connectivity, staying engaged, being informed and productive has never been more important. There are a number of easy ways for us to do our part to support the wellbeing of others, as well as ourselves.
Samsung is committed not only to helping Galaxy users stay informed on how to improve their own quality of life, but also to offer ideas to users as to how they can help others. We are sharing this guide for interested users on how they can make a difference directly from their own homes by using their Galaxy smartphones to support some of the most pressing issues we are facing today.
The Samsung Global Goals app helps users learn about the UN Global Goals and support the United Nations Development Programme’s urgent efforts to create a healthier and more sustainable society for all. The app serves as an easily accessible channel for millions of users to support the UNDP. By following just five simple steps, you, too, can take action and give back to end poverty & hunger, reduce inequalities, and make the world a better place.
1. Once you’ve opened up the app, start by checking out the ‘Goals’ tab to find out more about each of the 17 Goals and discover the ones that matter most to you
2. Next, head to the ‘Updates’ tab, where every in-app advertisement you engage with will raise revenue for you to donate to the United Nations Development Programme and support the Goals
3. When you come across an ad whilst scrolling through the ‘Updates’ tab, tap on it to generate revenue
4. Visit the ‘Donate’ tab to see the total revenue you have earned and select a Goal to support
5. Tap “donate” – and you’re done! Samsung will match the amount of ad revenue each user generates, doubling the amount that gets donated to the UNDP
The Samsung Global Goals app lets users be proactive in contributing to a healthier, more just world, even when working or learning from home. With even the smallest of acts, we can all work together for change.